Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP module materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System. In addition, the tool features focusing questions that a superintendent/evaluator can use to guide constructive interactions with principals about needed support.
Standard Four (Learning): Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
The effective educational leader fosters an environment of effective and rigorous personalized instruction by ensuring each student has equitable access to teachers, leaders and learning supports.
ODE Essential Question for the Standard: Do I work to ensure all students are receiving a quality education that addresses needs and celebrates strengths?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Standard-
Would I benefit from learning more about ways to ensure that each student in my school has access to effective curriculum, instruction, assessment, and learning supports? Resources include:
Would I like to know more about how to conduct needs assessments and equity audits? Resources include:
Would I like to know more about the assets-based approach to education? Resources include:
- OLAC Learning Program Series: Culturally Responsive Practice
- Digital Promise: Asset Mapping: A Guide for Education Innovation Clusters
- University of Memphis Engaged Scholar Series: Module 4: Comparison Between Asset and Deficit Based Approaches
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Indicator-
4.3: The effective educational leader uses standards to align, focus and implement systems of curriculum, instruction, and assessment within and across grade levels to promote high expectations for student learning and core values of the school.
Do I need to learn more about helping collaborative teams use standards to align, focus, and implement systems of curriculum, instruction, and assessment? Resources include:
- OLAC Lead the Way Podcast Episode 6: Best Practices for TBTs - Part 1
- OLAC Lead the Way Podcast Episode 7: Best Practices for TBTs - Part 2
- OLAC Video: Collaboration: Supporting Improvement
- OLAC Video: Communicating Clear Learning Targets
- OLAC Video: Defining Learning Targets Collaboratively
- OLAC Module: Instruction
- OLAC Module: Curriculum
- OLAC Module: Assessment
- Ohio Department of Education: Learning in Ohio
- INFOhio: Ohio’s PreK-12 Digital Library
Would my school benefit from non-negotiable practices ensuring that all educators hold high expectations for the learning of all students? Resources include:
- OLAC Video: BLTs- Supporting TBTs to Effectively Implement District Priorities
- OLAC Video: High Expectations for All
- OLAC Lead the Way Podcast Episode 8: Teams Working Towards Inclusive Instructional Practices
- OLAC Module: Instruction
- OLAC Module: Diversity: Ensuring Everyone Learns
Download Crosswalk Professional Development Plan
Consider using this to fulfill your individual professional development plan (IPDP) to be approved by your Regional Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC).