Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules and external sources that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System 2.0. In addition, the tool features focusing questions to guide interactions between principals and coaches or central office administrators.
Standard Eight (Culture): Meaningful Engagement of Families and Community
The effective educational leader develops and sustains partnerships with families and the community by acknowledging the school as a community resource and understanding the context of its existence within the larger community.
ODEW Essential Question for the Standard: Do I effectively make connections, build partnerships and consult and seek solutions through the community?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Standard-
Would I benefit from learning more about my community’s priorities, attitudes, and concerns as well as the school’s place within the community?
- Ohio Department of Education and Workforce: Framework for Building Family and Community Partnerships
- Ohio Department of Education and Workforce: Stakeholder Engagement
- Ohio Department of Education and Workforce: Integrated Student Supports
- Ohio Department of Education and Workforce: Parents
- OLAC Module: Family and Community Engagement
- OLAC Learning Series: Culturally Responsive Practice: Course One through Course Four
- The Edvocate: The Role of Public Schools in the Advancement of the Communities (2015)
- William T. Grant Foundation: Research-Practice Partnerships
- Schoolwide Integrated Framework for Transformation (SWIFT) Education Center