Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP module materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System. In addition, the tool features focusing questions that a superintendent/evaluator can use to guide constructive interactions with principals about needed support.
Standard Four (Learning): Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
The effective educational leader fosters an environment of effective and rigorous personalized instruction by ensuring each student has equitable access to teachers, leaders and learning supports.
ODE Essential Question for the Standard: Do I work to ensure all students are receiving a quality education that addresses needs and celebrates strengths?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Standard-
Would I benefit from learning more about ways to ensure that each student in my school has access to effective curriculum, instruction, assessment, and learning supports? Resources include:
- OLAC Module: Instruction
- OLAC Module: Curriculum
- OLAC Module: Assessment
- OLAC Module: Learning Supports
Would I like to know more about how to conduct needs assessments and equity audits? Resources include:
- OLAC Video: The Role of Leadership in Addressing Equity
- OLAC Module: Diversity: Ensuring Everyone Learns
- Ohio Department of Education: Local Equity Plan
- Ohio Department of Education: One Needs Assessment
Would I like to know more about the assets-based approach to education? Resources include:
- OLAC Learning Program Series: Culturally Responsive Practice
- Digital Promise: Asset Mapping: A Guide for Education Innovation Clusters
- University of Memphis Engaged Scholar Series: Module 4: Comparison Between Asset and Deficit Based Approaches