Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP module materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System. In addition, the tool features focusing questions that a superintendent/evaluator can use to guide constructive interactions with principals about needed support.
Standard Six (Culture): Equity and Cultural Responsiveness
The effective educational leader models, supports and cultivates a school climate characterized by equity and inclusiveness.
ODE Essential Question for the Standard: Have I done enough to remove obstacles and disparities in access to a valuable education for all students?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Indicator-
What structures, climate features, and practices at my school can be made more equitable? What steps can our leadership teams take to make these structures, climate features, and practices more equitable?
- OLAC Module: Diversity: Ensuring Everyone Learns
- OLAC Module: Learning Supports
- Ohio Department of Education: Equity in Special Education: Disproportionality
- Ohio Department of Education: Teaching and Learning Needs Survey: TELL Ohio
- Ohio Department of Education: Local Equity Plan (LEAP)
- Ohio Department of Education: One Needs Assessment
- NASSP Leading Success Module 4: Building an Inclusive School Culture
- CCSSO Inclusive Leadership Webisode Series: Episode 9: Forward Together: Policies and Practices to Support Students Who Learn Differently
- OPEPP Webinars: Fundamentals and Practices of Equity Work for Educator Teams
- Mid-Atlantic Equity Consortium (MAEC): Tools and Resources
- School Equity Project