Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP module materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System. In addition, the tool features focusing questions that a superintendent/evaluator can use to guide constructive interactions with principals about needed support.
Standard Five (Learning): Professional Capacity of School Personnel
The effective educational leader supports all staff by promoting and organizing an environment focused on continuous improvement and personal growth to achieve positive outcomes for each student.
ODE Essential Question for the Standard: Do I instill and foster a culture of continuous improvement and growth?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Indicator-
Would I like to learn more about how to provide supports for new teachers, established teachers, and other educators, enabling them to learn, implement, and evaluate new practices?
- OLAC Module: Developing Shared Accountability: The Why, Who, How, and What of Teams
- OLAC Webinar: Moving the Work Forward Through OTES
- Ohio Department of Education: Working Conditions for Teachers
- Ohio Department of Education: Induction for Teachers
- Ohio Department of Education: Professional Development for Teachers
- Ohio Department of Education: Performance Management for Teachers
Would I benefit from knowing more about how to promote a schoolwide environment of continuous improvement?
- OLAC Module: The Collaborative Process
- OLAC Module: Coaching
- OLAC Webinar: Integrating Ohio’s Work into a Comprehensive Improvement Process Using the Updated OIP
- Hanover Research: Best Practices for School Improvement Planning (2014)
- Ohio Department of Education: Local Equity Access Planning
- Ohio Department of Education: District and School Continuous Improvement