Remote Learning Resources
FREE Resources to Support Remote Learning for the 2020-2021 School Year
Six months ago, many of us had never heard of COVID-19 or even used Zoom or Google Meet to conduct a meeting. Now, these words are a part of our everyday vocabulary—in our personal and professional lives. While the world around us continues to change, our commitment to you—Ohio’s educators—remains the same. And that is to provide you with the structures and resources necessary to develop and support effective leadership at every level—especially during this pandemic.
With all of the uncertainty facing back-to-school and educating and supporting Ohio’s educators and students, effective leadership has never been more important. It is absolutely necessary to move us forward. While we don’t have a crystal ball to predict the next few months—we wish we did—we remain committed to connecting Ohio’s superintendents, principals, teachers, and other personnel to free, research-based resources to support their efforts to positively impact Ohio’s schools and students.
We have curated resources from OLAC’s site, along with resources from our education partners across the state. The resources are organized around topics that Ohio educators identified as areas of need to support for the 2020-2021 school year. From modules and videos to webinars, toolkits, and more, we are pleased to share these free resources with you.
COVID-19 and Pandemic-specific Resources for Schools
- Ohio Department of Education: Reset & Restart Resources
- Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities: COVID Resources
- Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center: Remote Learning & Pandemic Resources for Schools
- Ohio School Psychologists Association: Return to School Resources
- OLAC: Redefining Learning, Reinventing Schooling: Ohio Educators Pull Together to Embrace
- Edutopia: How to Create Community in a Virtual Classroom
- Flipgrid: A Free and Accessible Video Discussion Experience
- OCALI: InspirED Virtual Learning Series
System-wide Planning & Supports
- OLAC: The Value of Teams During Times of Crisis Video
- OLAC: Board Involvement Video
- OLAC: Staying Focused in Challenging Times Video
- OLAC: Learning Supports Module
- OLAC: Shared Accountability Module
High-Quality Curriculum & Instruction
- OLAC: Adult Implementation
- OLAC: Curriculum Module
- OLAC: Instruction Module
- Understood: How to Plan Online Lessons with Universal Design for Learning (ODL)
- YouTube Channel: 10 Minutes with Ron & Barb
Evaluation & Assessment
- OLAC: Assessment Module
- OLAC: Teams Using Data Wisely Module
- OLAC: Promoting a Culture of Inquiry Through Formative Assessment Podcast
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Ohio Department of Education: Supporting the Social Emotional and Behavioral Health of Students & Staff
- OLAC: Social Emotional Learning Webinar
- OLAC: Trauma Informed Practice Module
Supporting Students with Special Needs
- Center for Parent Information & Resources
- Building Post-COVID Early Care in Education Systems that Serve Children with Disabilities
- Using Part B & Part C Funds During COVID
- OCALI: Creating Accessible Remote Learning Environments
- OCALI: Supporting Skills for Access & Participation in Remote Environments
- Ohio Department of Education: Meeting the Needs of Students Who Receive Special Education Services in K-12 Resources
Supporting Parents & Families
- Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center
- Center for Parent Information & Resources
- Ohio Parent Mentor Project
- OCALI: Supporting Remote Learning
- OCALI: Supporting Self-care, Routines, & Understanding COVID
- OLAC: Family & Community Engagement Module
- OLAC: Planning for Family Engagement Video
- OLAC: Engaging Families Through the Leadership Team Process Video
This video is being reviewed for audio description.
What is Audio Description (AD)?
When AD is enabled, descriptive language narrates what is on the screen. To learn more, visit our accessibility webpage.
Video Player Help
Brightcove Video Hosting: This website uses Brightcove, a video hosting company, to serve video content. If you are having difficulty viewing videos on this site, it may mean that your location (e.g. school district, organization) is blocking or filtering the Brightcove website. Please contact your IT personell to resolve this issue.
Flash Issues: Depending on your browser version, a Flash video player may be displayed. If you are having trouble viewing videos on one of our sites, you can try installing the latest version of Flash.
Accessibility: We strive to make this website accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. We test and modify this website for optimal usability. If you have any accessibility questions or find any pages on our website that pose accessibility barriers, please contact Hal Hixson at email@example.com.