Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP module materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System. In addition, the tool features focusing questions that a superintendent/evaluator can use to guide constructive interactions with principals about needed support.
Standard Two (Leadership): Ethics and Professional Norms
The effective educational leader acts ethically and according to professional norms.
ODE Essential Question for the Standard: Do I demonstrate professionalism, model good ethical practices and seek continuous professional learning?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Standard-
What do I do to encourage, model, and maintain a set of professional behaviors that create consistency, respect, and high expectations for staff and students?
- OLAC Module: Leadership
- OLAC Video: The Principal’s Role in Developing Teacher Leadership
- ERIC: Professional Norms Guiding Principals’ Pedagogical Leadership (Leo, 2015)
- NASSP: Leading Success Learning Module 1: Developing Leadership Skills for Change
- Students at the Center (HUB): The Crucial Factor in School Success is Culture (Part 1 of 3) (2017)
- Better Lesson Learning Modules: Leading Through Change: 15 Learning Areas