Select a role:
This crosswalk aligns relevant OLAC / OIP module materials to each standard and each standard element within the Ohio Principal Standards. Principals will be referenced to OLAC Modules that can support them through the process of the Ohio Principal Evaluation System. In addition, the tool features focusing questions that a superintendent/evaluator can use to guide constructive interactions with principals about needed support.
Standard Ten (Management): School Operations
The effective educational leader develops and implements structures to maximize learning through relationships, management, fiscal responsibility, and adherence to district and state laws, policies and procedures.
ODE Essential Question for the Standard: Have I demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of school operative functions, procedures and policies?
OLAC Focusing Questions for Principals’ Self-Reflection: By Standard-
Would I benefit from learning about operational management structures designed to maximize the learning of adults and students? Resources include:
- OLAC Module: Resource Management
- OLAC Module: Diversity: Ensuring Everyone Learns
- OLAC Webinar: Being an Instructional Leader at all Stages of the OIP: Superintendents and Principals
- OLAC Cornerstone Connections: A Winning Partnership: SST Region 14 and Area ESCs Work Together to Support Educator and Student Success
- Ohio Department of Education: Integrated Student Supports
- CCSSO: States Leading for Equity: Promising Practices Advancing the Equity Commitment (2020)
- OECD: The Funding of School Education: Connecting Resources and Learning (2017)