This webinar, narrated by Dr. Brian McNulty, explores social emotional learning and its benefits for the student and the school. The research supporting social emotional learning is shared, along with the impact that SEL has on student achievement, student behavior, school climate and teacher satisfaction. Additional topics include social emotional learning as a part of the Ohio Improvement Process and the role that teacher-based teams, building leadership teams and district leadership teams have in this important work.
- 2013 CASEL Guide: Effective Social and Emotional Learning Programs—Preschool and Elementary School Edition
- How Learning Happens: Supporting Students’ Social, Emotional, and Academic Development
- Key Features of High-Quality Standards and Guidelines to Support Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- The Collaborating States Initiative (CSI) Recommended Process for Developing State Policies and Guidelines to Support Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- SEL Webinar Resources and References