Teams Using Data WiselyEnter Module
This module addresses the many issues related to the collection, analysis and effective use of data by educators as they work together to enhance learning for students. The creation of meaningful relationships, a spirit of inquiry, and a sense of collective efficacy are important foundational components of effective teams.
The following topics are discussed in the module text, linked resources and embedded videos from Ohio schools:
- Support for the effective use of data
- Cautions regarding the quantitative aspects of data
- Cautions regarding the qualitative aspects of data
- Teacher-based teams and the use of the 5-step process
- Decision making for teacher-based teams
- School-wide data and the building leadership team
- BLTs supporting collective efficacy and data use by TBTs
- Strategic data issues of the district leadership team
- DLT support for the evidence-based needs of buildings
The content in this module is intended to align closely with the content of the OLAC modules on Assessment and Creating Cultures Grounded in Data.
This module aligns with Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1 Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2 Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3 Instruction and the Learning Process
- Area 4 Resource Management Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: August 13, 2018