Diversity: Ensuring Everyone LearnsEnter Module
While the designations attached to groups of students attending Ohio schools may be useful to teachers and administrators, they do not provide adequate information for delivering instruction in ways that meet the individual learning needs of each child. This module will focus on holding high expectations for all students through providing students with ample opportunities to learn and by selecting instructional frameworks that presume the competence of all learners. It will discuss the following questions:
- How do school systems build infrastructures that support learning for all students, especially the most diverse?
- How do our efficacy beliefs affect our expectations for all students?
- How do instructional frameworks support districts/schools as they work to improve learning for all students?
- What is the role of leadership in ensuring all students learn?
This module aligns with Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1: Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2: Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3: Instruction and the Learning Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: August 29, 2016