Learning SupportsEnter Module
Focused actions at all levels of the education system can create and sustain learning supports that contribute to the academic success of all students. A variety of educational frameworks and techniques can be useful for supporting the learning of students for whom traditional approaches are not highly effective. This module is organized to examine learning supports from the perspective of four somewhat different, but also highly compatible educational frameworks:
- Integrated Comprehensive Systems (ICS)
- Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
The module also considers methods that provide support - methods that enable teachers to use the educational frameworks.
- Methods that modify structures
- Methods that modify content
- Methods that modify teaching approaches
This module aligns with Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1: Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2: Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3: Instruction and the Learning Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: July 15, 2016