This module addresses leadership practices that produce improved teaching and learning by discussing three theories of leadership. These theories include:
- Transformational Leadership Theory
- Instructional Leadership Theory
- Distributed Leadership Theory.
Among the leadership practices for principals with the greatest impact are:
- promoting and participating in teacher learning and development
- establishing goals and expectations
- planning, coordinating, and evaluating teaching and the curriculum.
This module uses case studies and videos of Ohio school leaders to discuss effective leadership practices.
This module aligns with all of the areas in Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: February 19, 2015