Creating Cultures Grounded in DataEnter Module
This module supports leadership teams in the process of using relevant data to ensure deeper learning for students.
The module concentrates on Area 1: Data and the Decision-Making Process, which emphasizes the importance of:
- Identifying, collecting, analyzing and effectively using relevant data to identify the greatest problems to be addressed and to create the kind of culture and expectation that supports effective data-based decision making at all levels of the system.
- Developing shared accountability by broadening the concept of accountability to include "internal" measures that hold all adults accountable for improved student performance, rather than only external accountability imposed from outside.
- Using data to continuously monitor adult implementation and student progress against performance targets and district-established goals.
- Addressing achievement and growth, and in getting past opinion through the use of evidence-based practices
This module aligns with Ohio's Leadership Development Framework:
- Area 1: Data and the Decision-Making Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: October 24, 2014