The Leading Edge Blog
Welcome to the OLAC Blog
This blog is written by members of the Ohio Leadership Advisory Council (OLAC), a partnership between the Buckeye Association of School Administrators (BASA) and the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Please note that the information provided in each blog post represents the individual author's point of view and does not necessarily reflect the position of the OLAC, BASA or ODE.
Leading and Learning by Example
In 2017, the Ohio Leadership Advisory Council launched its Real Leaders, Real Results campaign, designed to showcase how Ohio educators are using OLAC tools to impact teaching and learning.
These stories feature Ohio superintendents, principals, teachers, and other education leaders and examples of how they are incorporating OLAC tools and resources into their leadership and instructional practices, and working with colleagues to improve learning opportunities for students.
This year, OLAC is proud to launch nine new video testimonials of Ohio educators sharing how they are:
- Building the capacity of instructional leaders
- Earning credit using OLAC resources
- Focusing on the true work of the Building Leadership Team
- Introducing staff to Teacher-based Teams
- Providing team-based professional development
- Sharing best practices for teaching with OLAC modules
- Sharing OLAC's research-based practices
- Using OLAC modules with new staff
- Using OLAC resources with pre-service teachers
Looking for Other Professional Learning Resources?
For more than 10 years, OLAC has been creating and offering a variety of free leadership resources for administrators, teachers, and teams. Personalize your professional learning experience by searching for specific topics of interest to you or your staff. Start or continue your professional learning journey this summer by checking out OLAC's:
Coming Later this Summer
- New modules on coaching and data use
- Updated modules on the change process, resource management, and higher education
- New podcasts on coaching and becoming an inclusive leader
Don't forget that you can download certificates of completion from all OLAC modules and webinars to use for continuing education credits with your LPDC. Learn more.