This newly updated module explores various ways that educators create, adapt, adopt, and modify curriculum. It addresses many relevant topics, including:
- Politics of curriculum
- Standards – what they are and how to use them
- Learning progressions
- Curriculum development, especially backwards design
- Curriculum coherence
- High expectations and depth of knowledge
- Extended learning standards
- Textbooks as curriculum guides
The content in this module is intended to align closely with the content of the OLAC modules on Assessment and Instruction because of the need for the educator to realize the interrelationships of the three concepts--Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction.
This module aligns with Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1: Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2: Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3: Instruction and the Learning Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: October 30, 2017