This module explores educational assessment as it is used to monitor the effectiveness of instructional and systemic practices and to identify needs of districts, schools and students. The following topics are discussed in module text, linked resources and embedded videos from Ohio schools:
- Measurement of student learning and progress
- Monitoring of fidelity of implementation
- Feedback from students
- Measurement of system effectiveness
- Identification of specific needs
- Determination of eligibility
- Creation of high quality assessments
- Interpretation of assessment results
The content in this module is intended to align closely with the content of the OLAC modules on Curriculum and Instruction because of the need for the educator to realize the interrelationships of the three concepts--Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction.
This module aligns with Ohio's Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1 Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2 Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3 Instruction and the Learning Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: August 14, 2017