Development of a Focused PlanReturn to Module List
This module reviews the roles of Ohio’s leadership teams in creating and fully implementing focused strategies and actions to meet district identified needs as represented in coherent district improvement plans and aligned building plans. After a review of relevant current literature on the development of improvement plans, the module develops the following five points:
- The role of leadership teams in identifying a lImited number of goals and strategies
- Alignment of district work with district goals
- Reduction in the number of initiatives
- Development of one plan with scheduled monitoring, feedback and evaluation
- Internal accountability for the plan and its implementation.
This module aligns with Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1: Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2: Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3: Instruction and the Learning Process
- Area 4: Community Engagement Process
- Area 5: Resource Management
- Area 6: Board Development and Governance Process
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
Updated: June 23, 2015