Back to School 2018
New Module: Teams Using Data Wisely
Ohio schools and districts have a nested structure of collaborative leadership teams: from Teacher-based Teams (TBTs) to Building Leadership Teams (BLTs) to District Leadership Teams (DLTs). The teams lead a long-term mission to improve student learning statewide: with every educator, every school, and every district in the state. In these teams, wise data use is a collaborative activity.
Ohio's leadership teams rise to address this mission by using data wisely. That's what this module is about. The mission to improve instruction cannot end; it cannot be accomplished and forgotten. The mission is continuous. Why? Society changes. What educators need to teach changes. Indeed, everything that we call "education" is in flux. Leadership teams make sense of the flux in view of data about what is happening locally.
This module drills down to issues of handling data in Ohio's collaborative learning teams. It will help teams and team members:
- Take ownership of data and decision making based on data;
- Ask and answer good questions with data;
- Use their data to draw reasonable inferences about their students; and
- Use their inferences to make wise decisions about their students.
This module aligns with Ohio’s Leadership Development Framework in the following areas:
- Area 1 Data and the Decision-Making Process
- Area 2 Focused Goal Setting Process
- Area 3 Instruction and the Learning Process
- Area 4 Resource Management Process
OLAC offers a variety of free leadership resources for administrators, teachers, and teams, including online modules, webinars, and a video library. Personalize your professional learning experience by searching for specific topics of interest to you or your staff. Start or continue your professional learning journey by checking out OLAC's:
Don't forget that you can download certificates of completion from all OLAC modules and webinars to use for continuing education credits with your LPDC.